No official plot yet, but the novel is set in an alternate version of 1880s Seattle, where the city has been walled in and a toxic gas has turned many of its remaining residents into "Rotters" (more commonly known as zombies). A young widow hunts for her teen son in the Seattle underworld, while dealing with airship pirates, a criminal overlord and heavily armed refugees.
Cross Creek Pictures
Exclusive Media Group
John Hilary Shepherd
Cherie Priest (novel)
- John Hilary Shepherd (Nurse Jackie) is scripting.
- Quotes from the producers: "Boneshaker is a classic zombie movie with a modern twist which is quintessentially Hammer so it’s a perfect fit for us. Cherie Priest’s steampunk series are fantastic with a distinct, unique style and we’re really looking forward to bringing her ‘Rotters’ to the big screen."
- Described as "Jules Verne meets Resident Evil."
- The novel was published in 2009 and is the first in a series set in the same Civil War-period, alternate-world writer Cherie Priest has dubbed "The Clockwork Century."
- Based on the novel with the same name by Cherie Priest.