Sarah returns with her father and uncle to fix up the family’s longtime summerhouse after it was violated by squatters in the off-season. As they work in the dark, Sarah begins to hear sounds from within the walls of the boarded-up building. Although she barely remembers the place, Sarah senses the past may still haunt the home.
March 9, 2012
July 24, 2012 (DVD)
Now On DVD
R "disturbing violent content and terror."
Eric Sheffer Stevens
Julia Taylor Ross
- You can view a motion poster for the film here.
- Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment partner together to distribute the film in the US.
- Was picked up for domestic and most international distribution via Liddell Entertainment after being screened at 2011's Sundance Film Festival.
- The filmmakers were quoted sayingthat they were "fascinated by this question of how we could explore the events leading to these brutal murders and make audiences feel as though the story is happening to them - that it is real."
- Director Chris Kentis and writer Laura Lau also gave us Open Water is 2003.
- Lead actress Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- This remake is said to also be done all in one-take, much like the original.
- The original is said to be the first horror movie filmed with one single continuous shot.
- The original film is reportedly based on a true story that occured in the late 40's in a small village in Uruguay.
- A remake of the 2010 Uruguayan film with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.