|Tags: Adam Green, AJ Bowen, backwoods, blood, Clare Grant, Danielle Harris, gore, hatchet, homage, Kane Hodder, Kathryn Fiore, KILLERS, R.A. Mihailoff, SEQUELS, slasher, spoof, swamps, Tom Holland, Tony Todd, victor crowley|
Marybeth escapes from the clutches of Victor Crowley and learns the truth about his curse. She heads back into the haunted New Orleans swamp to seek revenge for her family and kill Victor Crowley once and for all...
- The film is getting a video-on-demand release on Time Warner and Comcast systems in its original unrated and uncensored cut in December 2010.
- The film was reportedly pulled from Candian screens shortly after its theatrical release, supposedly due to fear of "being fined for showing an unrated film." The US would soon follow for undeclosed reasons.
- Received a nationwide release via AMC theaters, the largest release for an Unrated film in more than 25 years.
- The MPAA initially gave the movie an NC-17 rating.
- Made its world premiere at 2010's FrightFest.
- Filmed in LA.
- Writer/director Adam Green has said that fans can expect the gore boundaries to be pushed once again.
- It's said that this film will be much darker and not offer as much humor as the previous film did.
- Horror veteran Tom Holland (Fright Night, Child's Play) comes out of acting retirement in almost 25 years to play Marybeth's "Uncle Bob."
- AJ Bowen plays a man named "Layton", who is part of a group of hired men, who head into the swamps to kill Victor Crowley.
- Tony Todd plays a character named "Reverend Zombie."
- Danielle Harris replaces Tamara Feldman as the role of "Marybeth" from the first film.
- Adam Green has been quoted saying that "the sequel is going to be for people that liked the first one and if you didn’t like it, then don’t see it."
- The film's storyline is rumored to offer more backstory on Victor Crowley.
- Kane Hodder will be returning as Victor Crowley.
- The obvious sequel to Adam Green's 2006 slasher homage Hatchet.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.